Thank you for using the Skysnaps website. Please note that everything on this website is subject to these Terms & Conditions & you should read these before going any further. You are treated as accepting them by using the website in any way including browsing, completion of booking forms, email bookings, telephone bookings & verbal contracts.
The Copyright & Design Act 1988 assigns the copyright of the images to the photographer. It is contrary to the Act, & therefore illegal, to copy these images or allow them to be copied, by any means photographic, by computer, internet or otherwise, by any person or machine other than by the photographers, unless a royalty-free licence has been granted.
The clients hereby allow the photographer to display any images covered by this contract & to generally promote the business by means of advertising, publicity material, websites, exhibitions, competitions, magazine articles, & other such media, providing that the images are used lawfully & without damage to the clients.
Licence & Coverage:
- Skysnaps shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the shots taken & the locations used. Although every effort will be made to comply with the clients requirements, the photographer’s judgement regarding the location, poses & number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct.
- Whilst Skysnaps shall endeavour to fulfil all the clients requirements, they cannot be held responsible for non-availability of subjects or adverse conditions which may delay the progress of proceedings, preventing the coverage of certain specified shots.
- Any alterations made to the booking by the clients once details have been confirmed may only be made at the discretion of the photographer. If unable to accommodate alternative arrangements the company is not liable to compensate the client in any way whatsoever.
- Owing to photochromatic anomalies caused by a combination of certain dyes & materials, especially in man-made fibres, it is sometimes impossible to record on camera the exact colour of materials as perceived by the human eye.
- It is understood that some colours may not remain consistent throughout a set of photographs owing to variations in lighting conditions. It is also understood that all photographic printing is undertaken within the technical limitations of the process & that colour may not be identical over the whole range within a subject. The colour balance of prints made at different times or in varying sizes may also be variable.
- Due to the limitations of computer monitors it is understood that images may appear differently according to the specification of each monitor & that prints will not match images rendered on any particular computer monitor.
- We only use quality branded CDs & DVDs, ensuring each is checked before dispatch, but it remains the responsibility of the clients to check discs for in-transit damage. The photographer cannot be held responsible for damage to equipment resulting from defective media.
- All print & presentation sizes quoted are approximate & subject to the discretion of Skysnaps.
Payment & Prices
- Deposit of £35 required to confirm the booking – refundable if cancelled over three weeks before the date and non refundable thereafter.
- Upgrades to packages are payable at time of ordering: prices agreed on booking are guaranteed until 12 months after the original date & may then be subject to increase without notice. Digital files will be archived after one year; a search fee may then be charged for reproduction & inclusion in albums in addition to prices currently in force.
- All reorders shall be treated as an extension of this contract. Reprint prices are subject to change without notice & a search fee may be charged for orders placed after a 2 year period.
- Travel & accommodation fees are negotiated as individual cases at time of booking.
- In the highly unlikely event of cancellation by Skysnaps or unavoidable total photographic failure, our liability shall be limited to a full refund of any booking fees & fees paid. Re-shoots may be arranged if practicable but we will not be responsible for any further costs.
- If the client should have to cancel a booking:
- The clients are entitled to a full refund of the £35 booking fee if they withdraw within 14 days of booking. The booking fee of £35 will be forfeited on cancellations made after 14 days.
- Where Skysnaps is able to rebook the date with an equivalent booking, the cancellation fee will be reduced to the non-refundable booking fee only & any additional cancellation fee already paid will be refunded accordingly.
- In the event of postponement, then at Skysnaps’ discretion & subject to availability, monies other than the booking fee may be applied to the new wedding.
- It is essential to inform Skysnaps as soon as possible of any changes of venue, times or contact details.